- 2. Where is Linde located?
The Linde Group has its registered office in Munich. However, Linde products and services can be found in nearly every industry, in more than 100 countries.
- 3. What is Linde's core business?
Linde´s core business comprises two central Divsions: Gases and Engineering.
The Linde Group is a world leader in the international gases market. The company offers a wide range of compressed and liquefied gases as well as chemicals, and is the partner of choice across a huge variety of industries. Linde gases are used, for example, in the energy sector, steel production, chemical processing, environmental protection and welding, as well as in food processing, glass production and electronics. The Group furthermore includes the Healthcare business (medical gases and services), and is a leading global player in the development of environmentally friendly hydrogen technologies.
Linde’s Engineering Division is successful throughout the world, with its focus on promising market segments such as olefin, natural gas, air separation, hydrogen and synthesis gas plants. In contrast to virtually all competitors, the company can rely on its own extensive process engineering know-how in the planning, project development and construction of turnkey industrial plants and associated services. Linde plants are used in a wide variety of fields: in the petrochemical and chemical industries, in refineries and fertiliser plants, to recover air gases, to produce hydrogen and synthesis gases, to treat natural gas and to produce noble gases.
- 4. How many people are employed by Linde?
The total number of employees in The Linde Group was 57,605 as of 31 December 2017.
- 5. What were the key figures for the latest financial year?
You will find the main financial highlights here.
- 7. Who are the biggest competitors of the Linde Group?
- On a global level Linde´s main competitors are the French company Air Liquide and the American companies Air Products and Praxair. Besides those internationally operating companies there are local competitors to consider such as Yingde in China.